Bar and Food
Wholesome, colourful, exciting and delicious!
Georgina designs the menus and is a self taught cook, inspired by her love of English, Mediterranean, North African and Indonesian food. Besides being wholesome, colourful, exciting and deliciously flavour full her cooking is unfussy and informal and always seruved with a big dollop of love.
Just like home cooking for the family, generous portions, flavour, colour and the drama of the dish are all important. Registered with Teignbridge Council and with a food hygiene rating 5 – the highest rating.
What we do…
- Canapes or tasty finger food to welcome your guests.
- Traditional or mini cream teas with home made jam for a proper taste of Devon.
- Afternoon high tea with your favourite tray bakes, cakes and savouries.
- Theatrical hog roast with freshly made stuffings, our own bramley apple or fresh mint sauces and all the trimmings.
- Succulent slow roasted lamb with fresh mint sauce and red currants or Moroccan style with aromatic spices and the delicate mix of sweet and salty, soft and crunchy.
- Spanish style paellas and Italian risottos cooked in huge pans for all to see.
- Informal buffet feasts with lots of choice – freshly prepared and beautifully presented.
- Local specialities like Dartmoor venison and Brixham crab.
- Big hearty tagines with the subtle spices, nuts and local honey.
- Great wooden boards stacked with West Country cheeses with baskets of freshly baked bread.
- Wholesome traditional pasties and pies in the evening to bring comfort and sustenance.
- Detox breakfasts the morning after to refresh and revive.
Our menus provide lots of choice and contrast and suit a range of budgets. Our style is informal whilst being very efficient. We pride ourselves in being super organised – meals arrive on time, everything is presented beautifully and afterwards we clear up responsibly and sustainably. We would love to meet you to discuss your wedding feast further.
Our typical wedding feast….
Sharing platters brought to the table for guests to pass around and share – just like for big family meals.
Main course buffets – presented beautifully in the barn or from our charming Puri Raj tent. We work efficiently to make sure that everyone gets fed quickly.
PUDDING, TEA & COFFEE
Guests choose their puddings from the buffet table.
Tea and coffee are laid out for guests to help themselves.
How we cook…..
Cooking from scratch is the best way to achieve great flavours and whilst we prep as much as possible in advance we cook all we can from scratch at Clifford Barton.
How we serve…..
Our style is informal but super organised. Our sharing platters and buffets with friendly and helpful serving staff are popular options.
We have a licensed pay bar serving local cider, ale, wines and craft spirits. We charge local pub prices.
We do not charge corkage for table wine and toast fizz.
Incorporating your ideas….
We are flexible! Above all we want you to have the feast of your dreams on your wedding day. If you don’t see exactly what you want we can design a bespoke menu for you incorporating your favourite dishes and ingredients.
Just tell us your preferences and wish list and we will do the rest.
Vegetarians and special requests
We love meat and fish and equally we love vegetarian food. We are very happy to cook alternative dishes for allergy sufferers, vegans, vegetarians and other special requests, and we are more than happy to cater for entirely vegetarian feasts. We meet together and then will design a menu incorporating your preferences.
What to do next...
If you like our menus and style of cooking contact Georgina
by phone 01392 759865 or 07734913984
or e-mail email@example.com
She will be delighted to talk through your ideas and preferences to make sure you have your ideal wedding feast.
We then meet and go through everything together until everyone is happy with the menu plan.
If you are abroad we use Skype or phone conferencing to meet remotely.